38 years ago, on April 8, 1970, my wonderful husband was born. Only God knows how thankful I am for Allan, although I do try try to show Allan so he has SOME idea. How fun that his birthday falls on a Tuesday, so I can devote an entire Gratituesday post to him.
So, a few of the reasons I’m thankful for my husband:
1. He is light-hearted and fun and relaxed about most things, and he helps me to be less serious.
2. He makes me laugh regularly, and he encourages the kids to laugh regularly.
3. He works hard so that I can stay home with our kids, and he is willing to do whatever it takes to keep things that way.
4. He has a really big heart, and he is sensitive and caring (even though he puts on a really tough guy front some times).
5. He treasures me, and he honestly thinks I’m beautiful, AND he tells me regularly so I never forget it.
6. He takes good care of me when I don’t feel well (which unfortunately is too often), and he takes very good care of the children too. He takes seriously the vow, “in sickness and in health”.
7. He spoils me regularly – there really isn’t anything that I’ve ever wanted since I met him that he hasn’t tried to provide.
8. He is passionate about a variety of subjects, and we can talk for hours (well, we could before we had all these
pesky interupting lovely children.
9. He is really talented with home improvement projects, and he is always thinking of what he can do next to improve things around here.
10. When he DOES home improvement projects, he does them WELL. As with anything else, he believes that it is worth the time and effort to do these projects right the FIRST time.
11. He adores his children, and he lets them know it all the time. He genuinely loves to spend time with his kids. Fatherhood becomes him, and it often takes my breath away when I watch him play and interact with the kids.
12. He has very strong opinions, and he is not afraid to stick to whatever he believes.
13. He is confident and sure, and he is helping our children grow in confidence.
14. He is sentimental, and he has high regard for his heritage.
15. He is willing to admit when he’s made a mistake, and he apologizes when he hurts my feelings.
16. He is super smart, and there isn’t much he doesn’t know about most any topic.
17. He is willing to cook, clean, do laundry, do the grocery shopping, and a myriad of other things to keep our home running smoothly. He’s had to do more than his fair share of that since we married, since pregnancy didn’t agree with me. He’s also HAPPY to let me do all those things instead. 🙂
18. He is not picky about what I fix for dinner. I know he would never complain about what’s on the table.
19. He has the cutest dimples ever, and thanks to his genetics, our two youngest children got them too.
20. His hugs take all kinds of stress away, and he is always willing to hug me whenever I need it.
Oh, there is so much more… really. He is not a perfect human being (how boring would THAT be), but he is just the right man for me. I’m so thankful every day to be married to him, raising children and making a home with him.
Happy Birthday, honey!!
What are YOU thankful for? Head on over to Laura’s blog at Heavenly Homemakers, and link us up to your Gratituesday blog post!