My sister Sarah was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and my kids and I are staying with my folks in California – going back and forth to Sarah’s house, hanging out, helping some, and being a part of the battle.
This week, I’m tired, but feeling thankful today for a variety of things that have come up since the breast cancer diagnosis. Here’s a list of some of those things…
- I’m thankful that yesterday’s first chemo session is OVER.
- I’m thankful the chemo session went well overall.
- I’m thankful that Sarah is not sick from the chemo yet.
- I’m thankful for my new haircut and Sarah’s new haircut. The cuts are cute and kicky and great for the summer heat. 🙂
- I’m thankful for the gifts of food that arrive every day from members of Sarah’s congregation.
- I’m thankful for the gifts of money that arrive almost daily, along with cards and notes of encouragement, from family and friends all over the country.
- I’m thankful for the email and blog comments and notes of encouragement that friends and family are leaving on Sarah’s Health blog.
- I’m thankful for the Care Calendar that Lara and Staci set up – for their planning and hard work – so Sarah and Ron don’t have to think about meals or their basic daily needs right now.
- I’m thankful for the old friends and other folks I’ve been able to catch up with by phone, by email and in person, after word spread of the diagnosis.
- I’m thankful for our mother who is diligently caring for FIVE grandkids so I can spend time and take care of Sarah.
- I’m thankful for my husband who drove all the way back to Las Vegas yesterday to put in a few days worth of work, and who will be driving BACK to California to get us this next weekend (which means he’ll be driving BACK to Las Vegas with all of us AGAIN next week).
- I’m thankful for time spent with my sister… my dad… my mom… my brother… my sister-in-law… my brother-in-law… my nephews.
- I’m thankful for the kind nurses and technicians AND the extremely cute surgeon – they have all been so gentle and caring to Sarah.
- I’m thankful for the generosity of the extremely cute surgeon and the generosity of the anesthesia doctor, who gave of their time and efforts to Sarah for FREE, when putting in her chemo port.
- (Did I mention the extremely cute surgeon? We are totally thankful for him!) <grin>
- I’m thankful for all the prayers for strength, because they are TOTALLY working!
- I’m thankful for Sarah’s increased strength and her 100% positive mental attitude.
Oh, there is SO much more… God is indeed working through this, and I’m thankful for his blessings.
What are YOU thankful for today? Join in with Laura at Heavenly Homemakers for Gratituesday, and tell us all about it!